ELOVIS Measurement Solutions for Paper Industry
ELOVIS offers numerous measurement solutions for the paper industry for permanent paper machine optimization as well as for troubleshooting during service. µSPEED laser encoders are used, for example, to measure speeds ranging from head box jet speed, wire and felt speeds to cylinder speeds – in each case as single or differential measurement with several gauges parallel. However, µSPEED sensors can also be used to measure material lengths. This includes length measurement in winders and in sorting cross cutters, but also at all other places where it is necessary to obtain exact information about material lengths, e.g. also the measurement of wire lengths from mark to mark. Another field of application is calibrated length measurement in slitter rewinders when the finished product (paper, card board, tissue) is sold by meter or square meter. ELOVIS SLM length section light scanners are used to measure the width of finished rolls as they are transported on a warp conveyor belt. TEDIASENS systems are used for wireless transmission of measured data, such as vibration frequencies, vibrations, temperatures and rotational speeds. Some typical examples of measurement solutions in the paper industry are listed here.
Non-contact speed measurement – ELOVIS Measurement Solutions for Paper Industry:
- Jet-beam velocity
- Wire speed
- Felt speed
- Cylinder speed
- Differential speed between head box jet and wire
- Differential speed between cylinder and wire/felting
- Rope speed
- Yankee cylinder speed measurement
Non-contact length measurement – ELOVIS Measuring Solutions for Paper Industry :
- Tambour at pop roller / parent roll length
- Roll length at winder
- Roll length at winder / rewinder
- Defect positions at doctor reel
- Roll length in calender
- Roll length in sorting cross cutter
- Length tracking through production chain for waste optimization
- Calibrated length measurement at sale by meter or square meter
Paper Industry - Application Examples
Tripod-held Length Measurement System
Comparing the preparatory effort to a hand-held measurement system, only much safer, ELOVIS length measurement system...
Measurement of Speed Differences in the Headbox of a Paper Machine
The paper quality is often already determined in the headbox of a paper machine. The appropriate ratio between wire s...
V-Comparison between Belts and Drives
Systems with several drives, conveyor belts, screens or felts place particular demands on the synchronicity across al...
Fabric Jet Measurement in the Paper Machine
The measurement of the fabric jet speed in fourdrinier paper machines has since been possible only indirectly via the...
Calibrated Measurement of Paper and Fleece
When selling paper and nonwovens in the EU, the length or area measurement must be done with calibrated length measur...
Cylinder Speed, Roller Speed
Cylinder speeds and roller speeds often decide on the material quality and the degree of utilization of machines. Dri...
Differential V between Drive and Material
Machine drives and material should be moved with the lowest possible differential speed. Ensuring this is not easy an...
Length Measurement of Nonwovens
Length measurement of nonwoven, felt and material with high thickness variance and different grammages with consisten...
Calibration of Machine Length Counters
Encoders and machine length counters for detecting web lengths or roll lengths should be checked for proper function ...
Length Measurement of Paper
Accurate length measurement of paper, tissue, packaging material regardless of grammage - also as a basis for square ...
Width of paper rolls on the chain conveyor
Paper rolls are transported to the warehouse via chain conveyors after wrapping. Prior to storage, the rolls of paper...
Vibration Measurement in the Paper Machine
Due to their size and complexity, paper machines are a challenge in vibration trouble shooting. With the ELOVIS wirel...
Matching Products and Services
Length & Speed Measurement Systems
- Non-contact length and speed measurement, optically by laser
- Length and speed free of slippage, maintenance-free, permanently calibrated and accurately measured
- The Laser-Encoder replaces tactile measurement via impeller, wheel, measurement roller, or machine drive
- Measurement of agitated surfaces via laser-doppler surface velocimeter
Length-Section Light Scanner
Discrete Part Length Measurement System
- Non-contact length measurement of discrete parts in the production process or in a cycle
- Highly accurate measurement of discrete parts, good/bad sorting and documentation
- LED-based length-section light scanner measurement technology, maintenance-free, optical, permanently calibrated
- Optical micrometer for the length measurement of profiles, tubes, plates
ELOVIS offers the following services for the paper industry:
- Machine trouble shooting by speed measurement
- Measurement training for maintenance and process technicians
- Head-box analysis and jet speed to wire speed ratio measurement
- Measurement and calibration services
- Consulting on the subject of length and speed measurement