Differential length measurement to determine the stretching and shrinkage factor
The determination of material stretch and material shrinkage is an important process parameter for you? Whenever the material entering a process changes its length due to e.g. changing the humidity, the temperature, or due to deformation of the material, a differential length measurement can conclude the stretch / strain or shrinkage factor. Such differential measurement can be carried out by means of a portable length measurement system or with permanently installed measurement systems. ELOVIS offers the non-contact μSPEED laser encoder gauge for such applications. µSPEED based difference measurement gauges can also consist of more than two measuring sensor heads. The system can be evaluated via an existing machine control, via PC or via separate PLC.
Typical stretchable, shrinking materials:
- textiles, carpets
- Nonwoven, nonwoven, fleece, felt
- film, foil, adhesive tapes
- Plastic packaging
- Composite materials, compounds
- Profiles, hoses, strands
Typical machines where changes in material length occur:
- Equipment Machines
- dryers, heaters
- Converting machines
- calendering machines
- laminating machines
Shrinkage Measurement in a Tenter Frame
Tentering applications involve driving the right material lead in the feed line to achieve the desired material prope...
Length Measurement of Nonwovens
Length measurement of nonwoven, felt and material with high thickness variance and different grammages with consisten...
Length Measurement of transparent Foil
Precise length measurement on transparent film and foil for the food indutry and optical films. Length measurement on...
Matching Products and Services
Length & Speed Measurement Systems
- Non-contact length and speed measurement, optically by laser
- Length and speed free of slippage, maintenance-free, permanently calibrated and accurately measured
- The Laser-Encoder replaces tactile measurement via impeller, wheel, measurement roller, or machine drive
- Measurement of agitated surfaces via laser-doppler surface velocimeter
ELOVIS offers the following services for strain measurement, shrinkage measurement and differential length measurement:
- Advice on difference length and speed measurement
- Measurement & calibration services
- Help with length complaints of your customers
- OEM sensor developments in the field of difference length and speed measurement